Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval tourism and travel guide
Visit Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval is one of the 'most beautiful villages in France' and most visited for the easy access to several very scenic natural highlights
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval. For detailed visitor information see the Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval travel guide.
Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval is situated in the Haute-Savoie department and Rhone-Alpes region (now part of the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region), in the east of France at 52 kilometres from Annecy, the department capital (general information: Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval is 456 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval include "most beautiful village".
Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval in Auvergne Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Haute-Savoie
Map of places to visit near Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval
Markets in and near Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval
- Samoens: market Wednesday (4km)
- Les Gets: market Thursday (14km)
- Morzine: market Wednesday (15km)
- Cluses: market Monday (15km)
- Chamonix: market Saturday & Saturday (17km)
- Sallanches: market Saturday (17km)
- Saint-Gervais-les-Bains: market Thursday (19km)
- Megeve: market Friday (25km)
- Abondance: market Sunday (25km)
- Bonneville: market Tuesday & Friday (29km)
More information about Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval, Rhone-Alpes
Tourist attractions near Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval.
Grand sites of France
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Yvoire (49km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Sallanches (17km)
- La Roche-sur-Foron (36km)
- Jardin botanique alpin La Jaÿsinia (5km)
- Jardin d'eau de pré curieux (39km)
- Le Labyrinthe - Jardin des Cinq Sens (49km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cascade du Rouget (0km)
- Cirque du Fer-à-Cheval (6km)
- Lac d'Anterne (7km)
- Lac Cornu (12km)
- Le Brévent (14km)
- Col de Romme (16km)
- Montenvers (18km)
- Roc d'Enfer (20km)
- Glacier des Bossons (21km)
- Mer de Glace (21km)
- Aiguille du Midi (21km)
- Col de la Colombière (24km)
- Mole (25km)
- Mont Blanc (26km)
- Cascade de la Diomaz (27km)
- Roc de Chere (50km)
Towns of Art and history
- Albertville (52km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval
from Annecy (prefecture): 52 km
from Paris: 456 km
from Calais: 654 km
from Nice: 264 km
from Bordeaux: 589 km
from Strasbourg: 291 km
For driving distances to Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Samoens.
This page in French: Visiter Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval