La Grave tourism and travel guide
Visit La Grave: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Although better known as a ski resort, the village of La Grave is also a very unspoiled traditional mountain village
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near La Grave. For detailed visitor information see the La Grave travel guide.
La Grave is situated in the Hautes-Alpes department and Provence region, in the south-east of France at 57 kilometres from Gap, the department capital (general information: La Grave is 519 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for La Grave include "most beautiful village".
La Grave, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to La Grave in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Hautes-Alpes
Map of places to visit near La Grave
Markets in and near La Grave
Market days in La Grave: weekly market: Thursday;
- La Grave: market Thursday (0km)
- Le Monetier-les-Bains: market Friday - seasonal market only (18km)
- Le Bourg-d'Oisans: market Saturday (22km)
- Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne: market Saturday (26km)
- Vallouise: market Thursday (26km)
- Briancon: market Sunday - seasonal market only (30km)
- Briancon: market Wednesday (30km)
- L'Argentiere-la-Bessee: market Friday (34km)
- La Mure: market Monday (35km)
- Froges: market Saturday (39km)
More information about La Grave, Provence
Tourist attractions near La Grave, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting La Grave.
Grand sites of France
- Vallee de la Claree (30km)
- Briancon fortifications (Vauban fortifications) (31km)
- Mont-Dauphin place forte (Vauban fortifications) (49km)
- Place Forte de Mont-Dauphin (49km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne (26km)
- L'Argentiere-la-Bessee (34km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Chartreuse (55km)
- Queyras (55km)
- Jardin alpin du Lautaret (3km)
- Parc du château de Vizille (42km)
- Parc du château du Touvet (45km)
- Jardin du musée Hébert (48km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Briancon (30km)
Sites of natural beauty
- La Meije (4km)
- Aiguilles d'Arves (9km)
- Col de la Croix-de-Fer (22km)
- Ruines de Séchilienne (39km)
Towns of Art and history
- Poligny (44km)
Geography and distances
Distance to La Grave
from Gap (prefecture): 57 km
from Paris: 519 km
from Calais: 735 km
from Nice: 168 km
from Bordeaux: 542 km
from Strasbourg: 409 km
La Grave is in the south-east of France. Most visitors fly into Nice, Lyon or Grenoble airports. By car from the UK allow about 10 hours for the journey from Calais to here. For driving distances to La Grave from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Villar-d'Arene.
This page in French: Visiter La Grave