L'Argentiere-la-Bessee tourism and travel guide
Visit L'Argentiere-la-Bessee: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The silver mines in L'Argentiere la Bessée, very active in the 19th century, are now reopened as a popular tourist attraction
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near L'Argentiere-la-Bessee. For detailed visitor information see the L'Argentiere-la-Bessee travel guide.
L'Argentiere-la-Bessee is situated in the Hautes-Alpes department and Provence region, in the south-east of France at 46 kilometres from Gap, the department capital (general information: L'Argentiere-la-Bessee is 553 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for L'Argentiere-la-Bessee include "recommended detour".
L'Argentiere-la-Bessee, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to L'Argentiere-la-Bessee in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Hautes-Alpes
Map of places to visit near L'Argentiere-la-Bessee
Markets in and near L'Argentiere-la-Bessee
Market days in L'Argentiere-la-Bessee: weekly market: Friday;
- L'Argentiere-la-Bessee: market Friday (0km)
- Vallouise: market Thursday (8km)
- Briancon: market Sunday - seasonal market only (13km)
- Briancon: market Wednesday (13km)
- Guillestre: market Monday (17km)
- Le Monetier-les-Bains: market Friday - seasonal market only (20km)
- Embrun: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (27km)
- Embrun: market Saturday (27km)
- Abries: market Wednesday (29km)
- La Grave: market Thursday (34km)
More information about L'Argentiere-la-Bessee, Provence
Tourist attractions near L'Argentiere-la-Bessee, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting L'Argentiere-la-Bessee.
Grand sites of France
- Vallee de la Claree (21km)
- Briancon fortifications (Vauban fortifications) (14km)
- Mont-Dauphin place forte (Vauban fortifications) (15km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- La Grave (34km)
- Place Forte de Mont-Dauphin (15km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Queyras (24km)
- Jardin alpin du Lautaret (33km)
- Domaine de Charance (47km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Briancon (13km)
Sites of natural beauty
- La Meije (31km)
- Lac de Serre-Poncon (35km)
- Aiguilles d'Arves (41km)
- Cirque de Viso (42km)
Towns of Art and history
- Poligny (42km)
Geography and distances
Distance to L'Argentiere-la-Bessee
from Gap (prefecture): 46 km
from Paris: 553 km
from Calais: 769 km
from Nice: 134 km
from Bordeaux: 563 km
from Strasbourg: 431 km
L'Argentiere-la-Bessee is in the south-east of France. Most visitors fly into Nice, Lyon or Grenoble airports. By car from the UK allow about 10 hours for the journey from Calais to here. For driving distances to L'Argentiere-la-Bessee from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter L'Argentiere-la-Bessee