Flavigny tourism and travel guide
Visit Flavigny: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The village of Flavigny retains an ancient centre surrounded by fortified walls, and a very authentic historic atmoshere
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Flavigny. For detailed visitor information see the Flavigny travel guide.
Flavigny is situated in the Cote d'Or department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 44 kilometres from Dijon, the department capital (general information: Flavigny is 220 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Flavigny include "most beautiful village".
Flavigny, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Flavigny in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cote d'Or
Map of places to visit near Flavigny
Markets in and near Flavigny
- Venarey-les-Laumes: market Wednesday (6km)
- Montbard: market Friday (19km)
- Saulieu: market Saturday (34km)
- Chatillon-sur-Seine: market Saturday (39km)
- Ancy-le-Franc: market Thursday (41km)
- Chenove: market Wednesday & Sunday (43km)
- Dijon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (44km)
- Longvic: market Sunday (47km)
- Montsauche-les-Settons: market Thursday all day (50km)
- Nuits-Saint-Georges: market Friday (52km)
More information about Flavigny, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Flavigny, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Flavigny.
Grand sites of France
- Alesia (4km)
- Fontenay Abbey (18km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Bussy-Rabutin Chateau (5km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Chatillon-sur-Seine (40km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Morvan (42km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Fontenay (Montbard) (19km)
- Basilique de Saint Andoche (Saulieu) (34km)
- Potager du château de Lantilly (12km)
- Abbaye de Fontenay (18km)
- Jardin du moulin de Athie (22km)
- Parc et jardin du château de Barbirey sur Ouche (33km)
- Abbaye de la Bussière (36km)
- Parc de Saint-Léger (39km)
- Jardin de la Chaux (44km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Dijon (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Siège d'Alésia (4km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Quetigny (49km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Flavigny
from Dijon (prefecture): 44 km
from Paris: 220 km
from Calais: 429 km
from Nice: 474 km
from Bordeaux: 493 km
from Strasbourg: 267 km
Flavigny is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors drive from one of the channel ports such as Calais or Dunkirk, a drive of about 6 hours, or fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car. For driving distances to Flavigny from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Alise-Sainte-Reine, Brain, Corpoyer-la-Chapelle, Darcey, Gissey-sous-Flavigny, Gresigny-Sainte-Reine, Hauteroche, Jailly-les-Moulins, La Roche-Vanneau, Marigny-le-Cahouet, Menetreux-le-Pitois, Pouillenay and Venarey-les-Laumes.
This page in French: Visiter Flavigny