Douaumont tourism and travel guide
Visit Douaumont: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Douaumont is situated in the Meuse department and Lorraine region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 53 kilometres from Bar-le-Duc, the department capital (general information: Douaumont is 229 kilometres from Paris).
Douaumont, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Douaumont in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
Map of places to visit near Douaumont
Markets in and near Douaumont
- Verdun: market Friday (7km)
- Piennes: market Thursday (27km)
- Longuyon: market Friday (28km)
- Jarny: market Saturday (33km)
- Stenay: market Friday (36km)
- Saint-Mihiel: market Saturday (37km)
- Homecourt: market Sunday all day (39km)
- Joeuf: market Friday (41km)
- Longwy: market Thursday & Saturday (41km)
- Sainte-Menehould: market Monday (42km)
More information about Douaumont, Lorraine
Tourist attractions near Douaumont, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Douaumont.
- Longwy ville neuve (Vauban fortifications) (41km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Lorraine (57km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Beaulieu-en-Argonne (34km)
Geography and distances
New region: Grand-Est
Distance to Douaumont
from Bar-le-Duc (prefecture): 53 km
from Paris: 229 km
from Calais: 320 km
from Nice: 629 km
from Bordeaux: 667 km
from Strasbourg: 183 km
For driving distances to Douaumont from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Beaumont-en-Verdunois, Belleville-sur-Meuse, Bezonvaux, Bras-sur-Meuse, Damloup, Dieppe-sous-Douaumont, Eix, Fleury-Devant-Douaumont, Louvemont-Cote-du-Poivre, Maucourt-sur-Orne, Ornes, Thierville-sur-Meuse, Vacherauville and Vaux-Devant-Damloup.
This page in French: Visiter Douaumont