Beaune tourism and travel guide
Visit Beaune: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Beaune is the centre of the famous wine region of the same name, with a visit to th 15th century Hotel-Dieu the highlight in the town
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Beaune. For detailed visitor information see the Beaune travel guide.
Beaune is situated in the Cote d'Or department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 36 kilometres from Dijon, the department capital (general information: Beaune is 275 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Beaune include "ville fleurie 4*".
Beaune, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Beaune in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cote d'Or
Map of places to visit near Beaune
Markets in and near Beaune
Market days in Beaune: weekly market: Wednesday & Saturday;
- Beaune: market Wednesday & Saturday (0km)
- Nuits-Saint-Georges: market Friday (14km)
- Chagny: market Thursday & Sunday (15km)
- Bligny-sur-Ouche: market Wednesday (15km)
- Verdun-sur-le-Doubs: market Thursday (20km)
- Epinac: market Wednesday & Sunday (25km)
- Chalon-sur-Saone: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Friday (27km)
- Givry: market Thursday (28km)
- Chenove: market Wednesday & Sunday (32km)
- Longvic: market Sunday (33km)
More information about Beaune, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Beaune, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Beaune.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Chateauneuf-en-Auxois (26km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Hospices de Beaune (Beaune) (1km)
- Cathédrale Saint Lazare (Autun) (42km)
- Eglise de Saint Vincent (Mont-Saint-Vincent) (52km)
- Abbaye de la Bussière (23km)
- Parc et jardin du château de Barbirey sur Ouche (26km)
- Parc et jardins du château de Sully (28km)
- Château d'Arcelot (48km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cirque du Bout du Monde (15km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Quetigny (38km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Beaune
from Dijon (prefecture): 36 km
from Paris: 275 km
from Calais: 487 km
from Nice: 416 km
from Bordeaux: 484 km
from Strasbourg: 278 km
Beaune is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors drive from one of the channel ports such as Calais or Dunkirk, a drive of about 6 hours, or fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car. For driving distances to Beaune from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 16 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Aloxe-Corton, Bligny-les-Beaune, Bouze-les-Beaune, Combertault, Ladoix-Serrigny, Levernois, Meursault, Montagny-les-Beaune, Monthelie, Nantoux, Pommard, Ruffey-les-Beaune, Sainte-Marie-la-Blanche, Savigny-les-Beaune, Vignoles and Volnay.
This page in French: Visiter Beaune