Poligny tourism and travel guide
Visit Poligny: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Poligny is situated in the Hautes-Alpes department and Provence region, in the south-east of France at 15 kilometres from Gap, the department capital (general information: Poligny is 542 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Poligny include "town of art and history".
Poligny, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Poligny in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Hautes-Alpes
Map of places to visit near Poligny
Markets in and near Poligny
- Saint-Bonnet-en-Champsaur: market Thursday - seasonal market only (2km)
- Saint-Bonnet-en-Champsaur: market Monday (2km)
- Gap: market Wednesday & Saturday (15km)
- Chorges: market Sunday (25km)
- Veynes: market Thursday (25km)
- Lus-la-Croix-Haute: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (27km)
- Embrun: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (38km)
- Embrun: market Saturday (38km)
- Vallouise: market Thursday (39km)
- Serres: market Saturday (40km)
More information about Poligny, Provence
Tourist attractions near Poligny, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Poligny.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- La Grave (44km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- L'Argentiere-la-Bessee (42km)
- Domaine de Charance (13km)
- Jardin alpin du Lautaret (45km)
- Parc du château de Vizille (48km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lac de Serre-Poncon (31km)
- La Meije (40km)
- Mont Aiguille (42km)
- Cirque d'Archiane (43km)
- Ruines de Séchilienne (45km)
- Source - Verdon (57km)
- Col d'Allos (62km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Poligny
from Gap (prefecture): 15 km
from Paris: 542 km
from Calais: 763 km
from Nice: 147 km
from Bordeaux: 523 km
from Strasbourg: 452 km
Poligny is in the south-east of France. Most visitors fly into Nice, Lyon or Grenoble airports. By car from the UK allow about 10 hours for the journey from Calais to here. For driving distances to Poligny from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Benevent-et-Charbillac, La Fare-en-Champsaur, La Motte-en-Champsaur, Laye, Le Noyer, Les Costes, Les Infournas, Saint-Bonnet-en-Champsaur, Saint-Eusebe-en-Champsaur and Saint-Laurent-du-Cros.
This page in French: Visiter Poligny