Ars tourism and travel guide
Visit Ars: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Ars is situated in the Creuse department and Limousin region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the southern-centre of France at 25 kilometres from Gueret, the department capital (general information: Ars is 318 kilometres from Paris).
Ars, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Ars in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Creuse
Map of places to visit near Ars
Markets in and near Ars
- Lavaveix-les-Mines: market Thursday (8km)
- Aubusson: market Saturday (9km)
- Ahun: market Wednesday (10km)
- Felletin: market Friday (15km)
- Gueret: market Thursday all day & Saturday all day (25km)
- Bourganeuf: market Wednesday (25km)
- Auzances: market Tuesday (32km)
- Boussac: market Thursday (40km)
- Domerat: market Friday (53km)
- Montlucon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday all day (55km)
More information about Ars, Limousin
Tourist attractions near Ars, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Ars.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Aubusson (9km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Millevaches en Limousin (38km)
- Jardins du château d'Ainay-le-Vieil (48km)
- Jardin-arboretum de La Sédelle (56km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lac de Vassivière (27km)
- Pierres Jaumetres (33km)
Towns of Art and history
- Montlucon (55km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Gouzon (24km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Ars
from Gueret (prefecture): 25 km
from Paris: 318 km
from Calais: 550 km
from Nice: 482 km
from Bordeaux: 244 km
from Strasbourg: 515 km
For driving distances to Ars from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Alleyrat, Blessac, Chamberaud, Franseches, Saint-Avit-le-Pauvre, Saint-Martial-le-Mont, Saint-Medard-la-Rochette, Saint-Michel-de-Veisse and Saint-Sulpice-les-Champs.
This page in French: Visiter Ars