Vouzon tourism and travel guide
Visit Vouzon: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Vouzon is situated in the Loir-et-Cher department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 55 kilometres from Blois, the department capital (general information: Vouzon is 136 kilometres from Paris).
Popular places to visit nearby include Parc Floral de la Source, Orleans at 24 km and Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey at 26 km. For more places to visit and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Vouzon, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Vouzon in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loir-et-Cher
Map of places to visit near Vouzon
Markets in and near Vouzon
- Lamotte-Beuvron: market Friday (5km)
- Nouan-le-Fuzelier: market Wednesday (12km)
- La Ferte-Saint-Aubin: market Thursday (12km)
- Neung-sur-Beuvron: market Saturday (23km)
- Salbris: market Thursday & Saturday (25km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (27km)
- Chateauneuf-sur-Loire: market Friday all day (27km)
- Orleans: market every day except Monday (31km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais: market Tuesday & Sunday (33km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere: market Saturday all day (34km)
More information about Vouzon, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Vouzon, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Vouzon.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Beaugency (35km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (26km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (50km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (24km)
- Les prés-Culand (34km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (40km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orleans (31km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (16km)
- Saint-Cyr-en-Val (22km)
- Olivet (27km)
- Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle (33km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais (33km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere (34km)
- Quiers-sur-Bezonde (48km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Vouzon
from Blois (prefecture): 55 km
from Paris: 136 km
from Calais: 368 km
from Nice: 596 km
from Bordeaux: 372 km
from Strasbourg: 435 km
Vouzon is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris or arrive from a ferry port such as caen or Le Havre, approx. 3-4 hours drive. For driving distances to Vouzon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Lamotte-Beuvron.
This page in French: Visiter Vouzon