Vals tourism and travel guide
Visit Vals: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Vals is situated in the Ariege department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 19 kilometres from Foix, the department capital (general information: Vals is 642 kilometres from Paris).
Vals, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Vals in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Ariege
Map of places to visit near Vals
Markets in and near Vals
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (9km)
- Pamiers: market Tuesday & Saturday (13km)
- Mazeres: market Thursday (18km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (19km)
- Saverdun: market Friday (21km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (26km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market Thursday (29km)
- Castelnaudary: market Monday all day (29km)
- Bram: market Wednesday (33km)
- Villefranche-de-Lauragais: market Friday (34km)
More information about Vals, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Vals, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Vals.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Camon (19km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Pyrenees Ariegeoises (29km)
- Parc aux Bambous (6km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (26km)
- Gorges de la Pierre-Lys (46km)
- Vallée de Vicdessos (49km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Vals
from Foix (prefecture): 19 km
from Paris: 642 km
from Calais: 873 km
from Nice: 450 km
from Bordeaux: 269 km
from Strasbourg: 766 km
For driving distances to Vals from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 16 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arvigna, Coutens, La Bastide-de-Lordat, Lapenne, Le Carlaret, Les Issards, Les Pujols, Ludies, Manses, Rieucros, Saint-Amadou, Saint-Felix-de-Tournegat, Teilhet, Tourtrol, Vira and Vivies.
This page in French: Visiter Vals