Tarbes tourism and travel guide
Visit Tarbes: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The substantial gardens of Jardin Massey are the main place of interest in the centre of Tarbes
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Tarbes. For detailed visitor information see the Tarbes travel guide.
Tarbes is situated in the Hautes-Pyrenees department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south-west of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Hautes-Pyrenees department (general information: Tarbes is 647 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Tarbes include "national monument" and "ville fleurie 4*".
Tarbes, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Tarbes in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Hautes-Pyrenees
Map of places to visit near Tarbes
Markets in and near Tarbes
Market days in Tarbes: weekly market: Thursday all day;
- Tarbes: market Thursday all day (0km)
- Vic-en-Bigorre: market Saturday all day (14km)
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre: market Monday (16km)
- Lourdes: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday all day & Saturday all day & Monday & Friday (20km)
- Bagneres-de-Bigorre: market Saturday all day (22km)
- Marciac: market Wednesday (31km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (36km)
- Gan: market Wednesday (37km)
- Plaisance: market Thursday (40km)
- Mirande: market Monday (40km)
More information about Tarbes, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Tarbes, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tarbes.
- Ourdis-Cotdoussan église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (23km)
- Jézeau église Saint-Laurent (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (46km)
- St Bertrand de Comminges cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (48km)
- St Bertrand de Comminges chapelle St Julien (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (48km)
- Valcabrère basilique St Just (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (49km)
- Auch cathédrale St Just (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (60km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges (48km)
- Jardin Massey (2km)
- Jardin de la poterie Hillen (43km)
- Jardins du château de Viven (43km)
- Jardin du château de Momas (47km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Grottes de Médous (25km)
- Grottes de Betharram (27km)
- Gouffre d'Esparros (32km)
- Col du Tourmalet (39km)
- Cirque du Litor (44km)
- Cirque du Lys (45km)
- Col d'Aubisque (45km)
- Pont d'Espagne (48km)
- Vallée d'Ossau (50km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Pau (36km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Zoo d'Asson (31km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Tarbes
from Tarbes (prefecture): 3 km
from Paris: 647 km
from Calais: 866 km
from Nice: 583 km
from Bordeaux: 184 km
from Strasbourg: 838 km
For driving distances to Tarbes from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 20 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Aureilhan, Aurensan, Bazet, Borderes-sur-l'Echez, Boulin, Bours, Chis, Dours, Ibos, Juillan, Laloubere, Lizos, Odos, Oleac-Debat, Orleix, Oursbelille, Sabalos, Sarrouilles, Semeac and Soues.
This page in French: Visiter Tarbes