Talmont-Saint-Hilaire tourism and travel guide
Visit Talmont-Saint-Hilaire: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The small town of Talmont-Saint-Hilaire is mainly known for the Chateau de Talmont, where various events take place during the summer season.
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Talmont-Saint-Hilaire. For detailed visitor information see the Talmont-Saint-Hilaire travel guide.
Talmont-Saint-Hilaire is situated in the Vendee department and Pays de la Loire region, in the west of France at 27 kilometres from La Roche-sur-Yon, the department capital (general information: Talmont-Saint-Hilaire is 398 kilometres from Paris).
Attractions in Talmont-Saint-Hilaire
The small resort of Bourgenay has a port and a popular beach: Port Bourgenay
Talmont-Saint-Hilaire, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Talmont-Saint-Hilaire in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Vendee
Map of places to visit near Talmont-Saint-Hilaire
Markets in and near Talmont-Saint-Hilaire
- Jard-sur-Mer: market Monday (6km)
- Sables d'Olonne: market every day (13km)
- La Mothe-Achard: market Friday (17km)
- Angles: market Wednesday & Sunday (18km)
- La Tranche-sur-Mer: market Wednesday & Saturday (20km)
- Brem-sur-Mer: market Tuesday & Friday (23km)
- Bretignolles-sur-Mer: market Thursday & Sunday (26km)
- La Faute-sur-Mer: market Thursday & Sunday (27km)
- La Roche-sur-Yon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (27km)
- Ars-en-Re: market every day except Tuesday - seasonal market only (30km)
More information about Talmont-Saint-Hilaire, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Talmont-Saint-Hilaire, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Talmont-Saint-Hilaire.
- Aquarium de La Rochelle (50km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Georges Clemenceau house (8km)
- Jardins de Chaligny (38km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- La Rochelle (49km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Jean-de-Monts (50km)
- Notre-Dame-de-Monts (57km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique des Sables-d'Olonne (11km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Talmont-Saint-Hilaire
from La Roche-sur-Yon (prefecture): 27 km
from Paris: 398 km
from Calais: 560 km
from Nice: 762 km
from Bordeaux: 198 km
from Strasbourg: 741 km
Talmont-Saint-Hilaire is in the west of France. Most visitors arrive by car from a cross-channel ferry port - Saint Malo is convenient at around 3 hours drive. For driving distances to Talmont-Saint-Hilaire from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Talmont-Saint-Hilaire