Stenay tourism and travel guide
Visit Stenay: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Stenay is situated in the Meuse department and Lorraine region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 80 kilometres from Bar-le-Duc, the department capital (general information: Stenay is 218 kilometres from Paris).
Stenay, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Stenay in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
Map of places to visit near Stenay
Markets in and near Stenay
Market days in Stenay: weekly market: Friday;
- Stenay: market Friday (0km)
- Sedan: market Wednesday & Saturday (29km)
- Longuyon: market Friday (30km)
- Vrigne-Aux-Bois: market Sunday (36km)
- Vouziers: market Saturday (37km)
- Verdun: market Friday (40km)
- Longwy: market Thursday & Saturday (42km)
- Charleville-Mezieres: market Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday all day (46km)
- Piennes: market Thursday (47km)
- Sainte-Menehould: market Monday (49km)
More information about Stenay, Lorraine
Tourist attractions near Stenay, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Stenay.
- Longwy ville neuve (Vauban fortifications) (42km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Charleville-Mezieres (46km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lac de Bairon (30km)
Towns of Art and history
- Sedan (29km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Semide (47km)
Geography and distances
New region: Grand-Est
Distance to Stenay
from Bar-le-Duc (prefecture): 80 km
from Paris: 218 km
from Calais: 287 km
from Nice: 663 km
from Bordeaux: 676 km
from Strasbourg: 212 km
For driving distances to Stenay from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Baalon, Beauclair, Beaufort-en-Argonne, Brouennes, Cesse, Halles-sous-les-Cotes, Inor, Laneuville-sur-Meuse, Luzy-Saint-Martin, Martincourt-sur-Meuse, Mouzay, Nepvant, Pouilly-sur-Meuse and Wiseppe.
This page in French: Visiter Stenay