Sommieres tourism and travel guide
Visit Sommieres: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Adults will enjoy seeing the many historic monuments in Sommieres, although children might prefer the river beach...
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Sommieres. For detailed visitor information see the Sommieres travel guide.
Sommieres is situated in the Gard department and Languedoc-Roussillon region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 23 kilometres from Nimes, the department capital (general information: Sommieres is 580 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Sommieres include "secteur sauvegarde".
Sommieres, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Sommieres in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Gard
Map of places to visit near Sommieres
Markets in and near Sommieres
Market days in Sommieres: weekly market: Saturday;
- Sommieres: market Saturday (0km)
- Calvisson: market Sunday (8km)
- Vergeze: market Thursday (12km)
- Lunel: market Thursday & Sunday (12km)
- Aimargues: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (15km)
- Marsillargues: market Tuesday (15km)
- Quissac: market Wednesday (16km)
- Vauvert: market Wednesday & Saturday (18km)
- Mauguio: market Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday all day (20km)
- Castelnau-le-Lez: market Thursday & Saturday & Friday (23km)
More information about Sommieres, Languedoc-Roussillon
Tourist attractions near Sommieres, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Sommieres.
- Mare Nostrum (24km)
Grand sites of France
- Saint-Gilles ancienne abbatialle (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (30km)
- Saint Jean de Fos pont du diable (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (43km)
- St Guilhem le Desert ancienne abbaye (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
- Roman Arles (45km)
- Arles église St Honorat (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (46km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert (44km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Cathédrale Saint-Théodorit et Fenestrelle Tower (Uzes) (37km)
- Eglise et cloitres de Saint Trophime, Eglise de Saint-Honorat des Alycamps (Arles) (45km)
- Jardins de la Fontaine (23km)
- Parc et jardins du château de Flaugergues (23km)
- Bambouseraie de Prafrance (34km)
- Jardin des Sambucs (43km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Sites of natural beauty
- Etang de Scamandre (28km)
- Grotte des Demoiselles (31km)
- Pointe de l'Espiguette (32km)
- Étangs palavasiens (36km)
- Grotte de la Clamouse (44km)
- Mont Aigoual (55km)
- Etang de Thau (56km)
Towns of Art and history
- Uzes (37km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Ales (38km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Lunaret (23km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Sommieres
from Nimes (prefecture): 23 km
from Paris: 580 km
from Calais: 814 km
from Nice: 256 km
from Bordeaux: 389 km
from Strasbourg: 604 km
For driving distances to Sommieres from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 21 other places listed as being close (less than 6 kilometres from Sommieres): Asperes, Aubais, Aujargues, Beaulieu, Boisseron, Campagne, Congenies, Fontanes, Galargues, Garrigues, Junas, Lecques, Saint-Christol, Saint-Clement, Saint-Hilaire-de-Beauvoir, Saint-Series, Salinelles, Saussines, Souvignargues, Villetelle and Villevieille.
This page in French: Visitez Sommieres