Saulges tourism and travel guide
Visit Saulges: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The principal attraction in Saulges is the caves, occupied in prehistoric times
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Saulges. For detailed visitor information see the Saulges travel guide.
Saulges is situated in the Mayenne department and Pays de la Loire region, in the center of France at 29 kilometres from Laval, the department capital (general information: Saulges is 225 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Saulges include "town of art and history".
Saulges, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saulges in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Mayenne
Map of places to visit near Saulges
Markets in and near Saulges
- Meslay-du-Maine: market Friday (12km)
- Sable-sur-Sarthe: market Monday (16km)
- Evron: market Thursday (19km)
- Loue: market Tuesday (20km)
- Noyen-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (26km)
- Chateau-Gontier: market Thursday & (28km)
- Laval: market Tuesday & Saturday all day (29km)
- Sille-le-Guillaume: market Wednesday (30km)
- Malicorne-sur-Sarthe: market Friday (30km)
- Conlie: market Thursday (33km)
More information about Saulges, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Saulges, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saulges.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Chateau-Gontier (28km)
- La Fleche (40km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Cathédrale Saint Julien (Le Mans) (45km)
- Jardins de la Massonnière (20km)
- Jardins du Mirail (26km)
- Jardin du château de Vilaines (34km)
- Parc et jardins du château de Craon (43km)
- Parc et jardin de Clivoy (44km)
- Parc et jardins du château du Lude (56km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Mont du Haut-Fourché (48km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- La Cropte (7km)
- Coudray (28km)
- Chenille-Change (37km)
- Saint-Loup-du-Gast (47km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Spaycific'Zoo (41km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saulges
from Laval (prefecture): 29 km
from Paris: 225 km
from Calais: 368 km
from Nice: 761 km
from Bordeaux: 350 km
from Strasbourg: 607 km
Saulges is in the center of France. Most visitors arrive here from the cross channel ports of Saint Malo and Caen, the jorney only taking a couple of hours. For driving distances to Saulges from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Ballee, Bannes, Chemere-le-Roi, Cosse-en-Champagne, Epineux-le-Seguin, Preaux, Saint-Jean-sur-Erve, Saint-Pierre-sur-Erve and Thorigne-en-Charnie.
This page in French: Visiter Saulges