Saorge tourism and travel guide
Visit Saorge: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The village of Saorge is spread along a high ridge, with dramatic views to the Tende Valley
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Saorge. For detailed visitor information see the Saorge travel guide.
Saorge is situated in the Alpes-Maritimes department and Provence region, in the south-east of France at 39 kilometres from Nice, the department capital (general information: Saorge is 672 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Saorge include "national monument".
Saorge, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saorge in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Alpes-Maritimes
Map of places to visit near Saorge
Markets in and near Saorge
- Breil-sur-Roya: market Tuesday all day (6km)
- Tende: market Wednesday all day (11km)
- Menton: market Tuesday & Monday (24km)
- Beaulieu-sur-Mer: market Saturday (36km)
- Carros: market Saturday (36km)
- Villefranche-sur-Mer: market Saturday (37km)
- Nice: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday & Friday (39km)
- Saint-Laurent-du-Var: market Tuesday & Sunday (45km)
- Vence: market Tuesday & Friday (46km)
- Cagnes-sur-Mer: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Friday (48km)
More information about Saorge, Provence
Tourist attractions near Saorge, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saorge.
- Marineland d'Antibes (54km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Trophy of Augustus (29km)
- Palais Carnolès (24km)
- La citronneraie (24km)
- Serre de la Madone (24km)
- Jardins Ephrussi de Rothschild (37km)
- Arboretum Marcel Kroenlein (39km)
- Jardin botanique (39km)
- Le Vallon du Brec (46km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cirque du Gelas (20km)
- Caires de Cougourde (23km)
- Tete de Chien (31km)
- Cascade de Gairaut (36km)
- Col de la Lombarde (40km)
- Baou de Saint-Jeannet (42km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique du Cap Ferrat (38km)
- Parc Phœnix (45km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saorge
from Nice (prefecture): 39 km
from Paris: 672 km
from Calais: 884 km
from Nice: 39 km
from Bordeaux: 652 km
from Strasbourg: 511 km
Saorge is in the south-east of France. Most visitors fly into Nice airport. Coming from the UK by car the route takes about 12 hours (can be busy in summer). For driving distances to Saorge from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Saorge