Salers tourism and travel guide
Visit Salers: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Salers, listed as a 'most beautiful village in France' is very lovely - and also very popular (crowded!) with visitors
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Salers. For detailed visitor information see the Salers travel guide.
Salers is situated in the Cantal department and Auvergne region (now part of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region), in the southern-centre of France at 24 kilometres from Aurillac, the department capital (general information: Salers is 413 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Salers include "most beautiful village".
Salers, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Salers in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cantal
Map of places to visit near Salers
Markets in and near Salers
- Mauriac: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (15km)
- Aurillac: market Wednesday & Saturday (25km)
- Bort-les-Orgues: market Tuesday & Saturday (29km)
- Laroquebrou: market Friday - seasonal market only (31km)
- Marcenat: market Friday - seasonal market only (32km)
- Mur-de-Barrez: market Thursday (36km)
- Valuejols: market Tuesday (36km)
- Sainte-Genevieve-sur-Argence: market Wednesday & Wednesday (43km)
- Chaudes-Aigues: market Thursday & Monday (51km)
- Meymac: market Friday - seasonal market only (52km)
More information about Salers, Auvergne
Tourist attractions near Salers, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Salers.
Grand sites of France
- Puy Mary (15km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Tournemire (10km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Volcans d'Auvergne (36km)
- Verger de Déduit (9km)
- Parc-arboretum de Neuvic d'Ussel (32km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cascade de Liadouze (15km)
- Puy Griou (18km)
- Plomb du Cantal (23km)
- Signal du Luguet (44km)
- Puy de Sancy (50km)
- Lac Pavin (50km)
Towns of Art and history
- Salins (10km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Salers
from Aurillac (prefecture): 24 km
from Paris: 413 km
from Calais: 648 km
from Nice: 411 km
from Bordeaux: 244 km
from Strasbourg: 553 km
For driving distances to Salers from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 7 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Fontanges, Le Vaulmier, Saint-Bonnet-de-Salers, Saint-Chamant, Saint-Martin-Valmeroux, Saint-Paul-de-Salers and Saint-Projet-de-Salers.
This page in French: Visiter Salers