Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port tourism and travel guide
Visit Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The small village of Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port has a long established role on one of the important pulgrimage routes across France
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. For detailed visitor information see the Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port travel guide.
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 72 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port is 690 kilometres from Paris).
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
Markets in and near Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
Market days in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port: weekly market: Monday all day;
- Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port: market Monday all day (0km)
- Saint-Palais: market Friday (24km)
- Cambo-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Friday (26km)
- Tardets-Sorholus: market Monday (31km)
- Ustaritz: market Saturday (32km)
- Aramits: market Sunday (41km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (41km)
- Anglet: market Thursday & Sunday (42km)
- Bidart: market Saturday (42km)
- Navarrenx: market Wednesday (42km)
More information about Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port.
- Porte St Jacques - St Jean Pied-de-Port (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (0km)
- Eglise St Blaise (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (39km)
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (41km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (43km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (25km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (41km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Vallée des Aldudes (17km)
- Forêt d'Iraty (22km)
- Gorges d'Holzarté (31km)
- Gorges d'HolzartÃ© (31km)
- Gorges de Kakouetta (37km)
- Gorges de Kakoetta (37km)
- Cirque de Sainte-Engrâce (39km)
- Cirque de Saint-Engrace (39km)
- Gorges d'Ehujarre (40km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (42km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
from Pau (prefecture): 72 km
from Paris: 690 km
from Calais: 896 km
from Nice: 689 km
from Bordeaux: 193 km
from Strasbourg: 919 km
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Ahaxe-Alciette-Bascassan, Aincille, Anhaux, Ascarat, Bussunarits-Sarrasquette, Bustince-Iriberry, Caro, Irouleguy, Ispoure, Jaxu, Lacarre, Lasse, Saint-Jean-le-Vieux, Saint-Michel and Uhart-Cize.
This page in French: Visiter Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port