Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire tourism and travel guide
Visit Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 31 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire is 116 kilometres from Paris).
Attractions in Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire
Fans of romanesque architecture will appreciate the many period features in the 12th century Abbey of Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire: Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey
Popular places to visit nearby include Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey at 0 km and Arboretum des Grandes Bruyeres at 21 km. For more places to visit and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire
Markets in and near Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (7km)
- Chateauneuf-sur-Loire: market Friday all day (9km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (18km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (28km)
- La Ferte-Saint-Aubin: market Thursday (29km)
- Lamotte-Beuvron: market Friday (31km)
- Orleans: market every day except Monday (32km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais: market Tuesday & Sunday (32km)
- Nouan-le-Fuzelier: market Wednesday (36km)
- Briare: market Friday (36km)
More information about Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Montargis (38km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (0km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (26km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (21km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (28km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (33km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (34km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orleans (31km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Quiers-sur-Bezonde (23km)
- Saint-Cyr-en-Val (25km)
- Olivet (31km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais (32km)
- Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle (34km)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (35km)
- Briare (36km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere (37km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire
from Orleans (prefecture): 31 km
from Paris: 116 km
from Calais: 351 km
from Nice: 597 km
from Bordeaux: 398 km
from Strasbourg: 412 km
Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bonnee, Bouzy-la-Foret, Bray-en-Val, Germigny-Des-Pres, Guilly, Neuvy-en-Sullias, Saint-Aignan-Des-Gues, Saint-Martin-d'Abbat, Saint-Pere-sur-Loire and Sully-sur-Loire.
This page in French: Visiter Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire