Pornic tourism and travel guide
Visit Pornic: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Pornic is one of the liveliest and most vibrant harbour towns along the Jade Coast
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Pornic. For detailed visitor information see the Pornic travel guide.
Pornic is situated in the Loire-Atlantique department and Pays de la Loire region, in the north-west of France at 43 kilometres from Nantes, the department capital (general information: Pornic is 383 kilometres from Paris).
Pornic, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Pornic in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loire-Atlantique
Map of places to visit near Pornic
Markets in and near Pornic
Market days in Pornic: weekly market: Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday;
- Pornic: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (0km)
- La Bernerie-en-Retz: market Friday & Tuesday - seasonal market only (6km)
- Prefailles: market Wednesday & Saturday - seasonal market only (9km)
- Saint-Brevin-les-Pins: market Wednesday (15km)
- Noirmoutier: market Tuesday & Sunday & Monday & Friday (15km)
- La Gueriniere: market Thursday & Sunday (19km)
- Barbatre: market Wednesday (20km)
- Beauvoir-sur-Mer: market Thursday (22km)
- Donges: market Thursday (23km)
- Machecoul: market Wednesday (25km)
More information about Pornic, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Pornic, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Pornic.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Guerande (35km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Briere (34km)
- Jardin des plantes (43km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Nantes (38km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Pointe Sainte-Gildas (12km)
- Loire Estuaire (20km)
- Marais de Machecoul (25km)
- Lac de Grand-Lieu (32km)
- Marais Salants de Guérande (39km)
- Petite Amazonie de Nantes (44km)
- Fort de Pierre-Levée (47km)
- Port-Joinville (48km)
- Phare de l'île d'Yeu (49km)
- Aérodrome de L'Île-d'Yeu (50km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Planète sauvage (parc) (25km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Pornic
from Nantes (prefecture): 43 km
from Paris: 383 km
from Calais: 514 km
from Nice: 823 km
from Bordeaux: 279 km
from Strasbourg: 752 km
Pornic is in the north-west of France. Most visitors arrive by car via one of the ferry ports such as Saint-Malo or Cherbourg. Allow around 3 hours for the trip in France. For driving distances to Pornic from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): La Bernerie-en-Retz.
This page in French: Visiter Pornic