Pierre-Buffiere tourism and travel guide
Visit Pierre-Buffiere: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The small village of Pierre-Buffiere is listed as a "village d'etape" - a village to visit during your journey - and we found it ideal for a picnic!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Pierre-Buffiere. For detailed visitor information see the Pierre-Buffiere travel guide.
Pierre-Buffiere is situated in the Haute-Vienne department and Limousin region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the southern-centre of France at 20 kilometres from Limoges, the department capital (general information: Pierre-Buffiere is 360 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Pierre-Buffiere include "village d'etape".
Pierre-Buffiere, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Pierre-Buffiere in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Haute-Vienne
Map of places to visit near Pierre-Buffiere
Markets in and near Pierre-Buffiere
- Limoges: market every day (20km)
- Chalus: market Friday (30km)
- Saint-Pardoux: market Wednesday (41km)
- Saint-Junien: market Saturday (42km)
- Bourganeuf: market Wednesday (42km)
- Bugeat: market Thursday - seasonal market only (45km)
- Thiviers: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (45km)
- Thiviers: market Saturday (45km)
- Excideuil: market Thursday (46km)
More information about Pierre-Buffiere, Limousin
Tourist attractions near Pierre-Buffiere, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Pierre-Buffiere.
- Aquarium du Limousin (17km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Saint-Leonard-de-Noblat (19km)
- Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche (23km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Perigord-Limousin (45km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbatial church de Saint Pierre (Solignac) (10km)
- Abbaye de Saint-Amand (Saint-Junien) (42km)
- Eglise Notre Dame de l'Assomption (Thiviers) (46km)
- Jardin de Liliane (33km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lac de Saint-Pardoux (38km)
- Réserve naturelle régionale Étang de la Monnerie (39km)
- Lac de Vassivière (40km)
- Site Corot (43km)
- Cascades de Gimel (58km)
Towns of Art and history
- Limoges (18km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Magnac-Bourg (10km)
- Uzerche (34km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Hilaire-les-Places (17km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Pierre-Buffiere
from Limoges (prefecture): 20 km
from Paris: 360 km
from Calais: 586 km
from Nice: 516 km
from Bordeaux: 179 km
from Strasbourg: 580 km
For driving distances to Pierre-Buffiere from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Pierre-Buffiere