Peronne tourism and travel guide
Visit Peronne: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The town of Péronne is above all known for its impressive Museum commemorating life in the Somme during the First World War
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Peronne. For detailed visitor information see the Peronne travel guide.
Peronne is situated in the Somme department and Picardy region (now part of the Hauts-de-France region), in the north of France at 37 kilometres from Amiens, the department capital (general information: Peronne is 127 kilometres from Paris).
Peronne, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Peronne in Hauts-de-France.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Somme
Map of places to visit near Peronne
Markets in and near Peronne
Market days in Peronne: weekly market: Saturday;
- Peronne: market Saturday (0km)
- Bapaume: market Friday (20km)
- Rosieres-en-Santerre: market Tuesday (21km)
- Albert: market Saturday (22km)
- Ham: market Saturday (23km)
- Saint-Quentin: market Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (27km)
- Roye: market Friday (28km)
- Corbie: market Friday (30km)
- Cambrai: market Wednesday & Saturday (34km)
- Fresnoy-le-Grand: market Monday (34km)
More information about Peronne, Picardy
Tourist attractions near Peronne, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Peronne.
- Beffroi de Cambrai (Belfries of Belgium and France) (35km)
- Arras citadelle (Vauban fortifications) (41km)
- Beffroi et hôtel de ville d'Arras (Belfries of Belgium and France) (42km)
- Beffroi de Lucheux (Belfries of Belgium and France) (48km)
- Beffroi de Doullens (Belfries of Belgium and France) (49km)
- Folleville église Saint-Jacques-le-Majeur-et-Saint-Jean-Baptiste (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (50km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame de Vaucelles (Les Rues-des-Vignes) (28km)
- Parc du château de Sericourt (60km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Réserve naturelle des Marais d'Isle (28km)
- Réserve naturelle de l'Étang Saint-Ladre (41km)
- Réserve naturelle des Landes de Versigny (50km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Guyencourt-Saulcourt (13km)
- Gauchy (27km)
- Mastaing (49km)
- Vivaise (57km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Peronne
from Amiens (prefecture): 37 km
from Paris: 127 km
from Calais: 137 km
from Nice: 767 km
from Bordeaux: 625 km
from Strasbourg: 380 km
Peronne is in the north of France. Most visitors take a a cross-channel ferry to a nearby port such as Dieppe or Boulogne or the channel tunnel to Calais. For driving distances to Peronne from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 18 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Aizecourt-le-Haut, Allaines, Barleux, Belloy-en-Santerre, Biaches, Bouchavesnes-Bergen, Brie, Buire-Courcelles, Bussu, Cartigny, Clery-sur-Somme, Doingt, Driencourt, Estrees-Mons, Eterpigny, Flaucourt, Mesnil-Bruntel and Villers-Carbonnel.
This page in French: Visiter Peronne