Pannes tourism and travel guide
Visit Pannes: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Pannes is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 58 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Pannes is 96 kilometres from Paris).
Pannes, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Pannes in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Pannes
Markets in and near Pannes
- Montargis: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (4km)
- Chalette-sur-Loing: market Friday (6km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (18km)
- Egreville: market Monday (23km)
- Puiseaux: market Monday (25km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (26km)
- Nemours: market Wednesday & Saturday (28km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (29km)
- La Chapelle-la-Reine: market Tuesday (34km)
- Pithiviers: market Saturday all day (35km)
More information about Pannes, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Pannes, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Pannes.
- Fontainebleau Palace (43km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Gatinais Francais (45km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (21km)
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (35km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (21km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (25km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (28km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (34km)
- Domaine national de Fontainebleau (43km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Quiers-sur-Bezonde (17km)
- Briare (41km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Pannes
from Orleans (prefecture): 58 km
from Paris: 96 km
from Calais: 331 km
from Nice: 598 km
from Bordeaux: 432 km
from Strasbourg: 381 km
Pannes is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Pannes from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Cepoy, Chalette-sur-Loing, Corquilleroy, Girolles, Gondreville, Migneres, Mignerette, Montargis, Moulon, Saint-Maurice-sur-Fessard, Villemandeur and Villevoques.
This page in French: Visiter Pannes