Olivet tourism and travel guide
Visit Olivet: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Olivet is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 4 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Olivet is 115 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Olivet include "ville fleurie 4*".
Popular places to visit nearby include Parc Floral de la Source, Orleans at 3 km and Cathedral of Sainte-Croix, Orleans at 4 km. For more places to visit and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Olivet, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Olivet in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Olivet
Markets in and near Olivet
- Orleans: market every day except Monday (4km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais: market Tuesday & Sunday (8km)
- Meung-sur-Loire: market Sunday (16km)
- La Ferte-Saint-Aubin: market Thursday (16km)
- Beaugency: market Saturday all day (23km)
- Chateauneuf-sur-Loire: market Friday all day (24km)
- Saint-Laurent-Nouan: market Friday (27km)
- Ouzouer-le-Marche: market Friday (28km)
- Lamotte-Beuvron: market Friday (30km)
- Mer: market Monday (34km)
More information about Olivet, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Olivet, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Olivet.
- Talcy Chateau (36km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (31km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (41km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (3km)
- Les prés-Culand (16km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (27km)
- Jardin du château de Talcy (36km)
- Roseraie des terrasses de l’évêché (52km)
- Parc du château de Beauregard (53km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Blois (52km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orleans (4km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle (6km)
- Saint-Cyr-en-Val (6km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais (8km)
- Quiers-sur-Bezonde (43km)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (43km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere (58km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Olivet
from Orleans (prefecture): 4 km
from Paris: 115 km
from Calais: 343 km
from Nice: 622 km
from Bordeaux: 387 km
from Strasbourg: 440 km
Olivet is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Olivet from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin, Orleans, Saint-Cyr-en-Val, Saint-Denis-en-Val, Saint-Hilaire-Saint-Mesmin, Saint-Jean-de-Braye, Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle, Saint-Jean-le-Blanc and Saint-Pryve-Saint-Mesmin.
This page in French: Visiter Olivet