Montargis tourism and travel guide
Visit Montargis: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: With more than 130 bridges across the numerous canals and rivers in Montargis, it is the scenery along these waterways that is the highlight here
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Montargis. For detailed visitor information see the Montargis travel guide.
Montargis is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 61 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Montargis is 96 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Montargis include "recommended detour".
Montargis, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montargis in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Montargis
Markets in and near Montargis
Market days in Montargis: weekly market: Wednesday & Saturday all day;
- Montargis: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (0km)
- Chalette-sur-Loing: market Friday (3km)
- Egreville: market Monday (20km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (21km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (25km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (26km)
- Nemours: market Wednesday & Saturday (27km)
- Puiseaux: market Monday (27km)
- Saint-Valerien: market Saturday (33km)
- La Chapelle-la-Reine: market Tuesday (34km)
More information about Montargis, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Montargis, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montargis.
- Fontainebleau Palace (42km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Gatinais Francais (46km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (25km)
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (39km)
- Collegiale de Saint Martin (Etampes) (62km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (21km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (22km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (28km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (37km)
- Domaine national de Fontainebleau (42km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montargis
from Orleans (prefecture): 61 km
from Paris: 96 km
from Calais: 331 km
from Nice: 596 km
from Bordeaux: 435 km
from Strasbourg: 377 km
Montargis is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Montargis from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Montargis