Mont-d'Astarac tourism and travel guide
Visit Mont-d'Astarac: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The frescoes in the village church are the highlight of your visit to Mont d'Astarac, a peaceful small village in the rolling Gascony landscape
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Mont-d'Astarac. For detailed visitor information see the Mont-d'Astarac travel guide.
Mont-d'Astarac is situated in the Gers department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south-west of France at 35 kilometres from Auch, the department capital (general information: Mont-d'Astarac is 630 kilometres from Paris).
Mont-d'Astarac, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Mont-d'Astarac in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Gers
Map of places to visit near Mont-d'Astarac
Markets in and near Mont-d'Astarac
- Boulogne-sur-Gesse: market Wednesday (8km)
- Seissan: market Friday (18km)
- Mirande: market Monday (25km)
- Montrejeau: market Monday (27km)
- Saint-Gaudens: market Thursday (28km)
- Loures-Barousse: market Friday (34km)
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre: market Monday (34km)
- Auch: market Thursday & Saturday (35km)
- Marciac: market Wednesday (39km)
- Aspet: market Wednesday & Saturday (40km)
More information about Mont-d'Astarac, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Mont-d'Astarac, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Mont-d'Astarac.
- Valcabrère basilique St Just (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km)
- St Bertrand de Comminges chapelle St Julien (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km)
- St Bertrand de Comminges cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (34km)
- Auch cathédrale St Just (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (35km)
- Ourdis-Cotdoussan église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (54km)
- Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (58km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges (34km)
- Montmaurin Gallo-Roman Villa (13km)
- Marshall Foch house (42km)
- Jardin de la poterie Hillen (4km)
- Jardin Massey (41km)
- Palmeraie du Sarthou (61km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Gorges de la Save (13km)
- Gouffre d'Esparros (38km)
- Grottes de Médous (46km)
- Henne Morte (46km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Ordan-Larroque (41km)
- Tarbes (41km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Mont-d'Astarac
from Auch (prefecture): 35 km
from Paris: 630 km
from Calais: 853 km
from Nice: 542 km
from Bordeaux: 191 km
from Strasbourg: 805 km
For driving distances to Mont-d'Astarac from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Aries-Espenan, Arrouede, Aujan-Mournede, Betbeze, Cabas-Loumasses, Castelnau-Magnoac, Casterets, Chelan, Lalanne-Arque, Manent-Montane, Monlaur-Bernet, Peyret-Saint-Andre, Sariac-Magnoac and Thermes-Magnoac.
This page in French: Visiter Mont-d'Astarac