Laon tourism and travel guide
Visit Laon: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The cathedral in Laon is an astonishing early gothic masterpiece, and the Museum of Laon is another unexpected highlight
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Laon. For detailed visitor information see the Laon travel guide.
Laon is situated in the Aisne department and Picardy region (now part of the Hauts-de-France region), in the north of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Aisne department (general information: Laon is 123 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Laon include "secteur sauvegarde" and "town of art and history".
Laon, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Laon in Hauts-de-France.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aisne
Map of places to visit near Laon
Markets in and near Laon
Market days in Laon: weekly market: Thursday;
- Laon: market Thursday (0km)
- Marle: market Friday (21km)
- Braine: market Friday (26km)
- Tergnier: market Thursday & Sunday (28km)
- Guignicourt: market Friday (28km)
- Fismes: market Saturday (29km)
- Soissons: market Wednesday & Saturday (31km)
- Chauny: market Friday (31km)
- Origny-Sainte-Benoite: market Thursday (32km)
- Vervins: market Saturday (34km)
More information about Laon, Picardy
Tourist attractions near Laon, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Laon.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Parfondeval (42km)
- Chateau Coucy (24km)
- Towers of Reims Cathedral (45km)
- Tau Palace (45km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Berzy-le-Sec (Berzy-le-sec) (35km)
- Cathédrale de Reims (Reims) (45km)
- Jardin de Bosmont-sur-Serre (24km)
- Jardins du château (32km)
- Jardin du château de la Muette (56km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Réserve naturelle du marais de Vesles-et-Caumont (15km)
- Réserve naturelle des Landes de Versigny (16km)
- Réserve naturelle des Marais d'Isle (40km)
- Foret de Retz (53km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Vivaise (8km)
- Ebouleau (20km)
- Gauchy (39km)
- Chamery (49km)
- Rilly-la-Montagne (54km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Laon
from Laon (prefecture): 2 km
from Paris: 123 km
from Calais: 200 km
from Nice: 708 km
from Bordeaux: 615 km
from Strasbourg: 318 km
For driving distances to Laon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Athies-sous-Laon, Aulnois-sous-Laon, Besny-et-Loizy, Bruyeres-et-Montberault, Chambry, Cheret, Chivy-les-Etouvelles, Clacy-et-Thierret, Etouvelles, Monceau-le-Waast, Parfondru and Vorges.
This page in French: Visiter Laon