Germigny-Des-Pres tourism and travel guide
Visit Germigny-Des-Pres: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Germigny-Des-Pres is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 27 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Germigny-Des-Pres is 112 kilometres from Paris).
Popular places to visit nearby include Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey at 5 km and Arboretum des Grandes Bruyeres at 17 km. For more places to visit and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Germigny-Des-Pres, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Germigny-Des-Pres in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Germigny-Des-Pres
Markets in and near Germigny-Des-Pres
- Chateauneuf-sur-Loire: market Friday all day (4km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (13km)
- Lorris: market Thursday (19km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais: market Tuesday & Sunday (27km)
- Orleans: market every day except Monday (28km)
- La Ferte-Saint-Aubin: market Thursday (28km)
- Lamotte-Beuvron: market Friday (32km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (33km)
- Pithiviers: market Saturday all day (36km)
- Nouan-le-Fuzelier: market Wednesday (38km)
More information about Germigny-Des-Pres, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Germigny-Des-Pres, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Germigny-Des-Pres.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Montargis (39km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (5km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (23km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (17km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (24km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (37km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (37km)
- Les prés-Culand (42km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orleans (27km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Quiers-sur-Bezonde (21km)
- Saint-Cyr-en-Val (22km)
- Olivet (27km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais (27km)
- Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle (30km)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (38km)
- Briare (41km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere (42km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Germigny-Des-Pres
from Orleans (prefecture): 27 km
from Paris: 112 km
from Calais: 346 km
from Nice: 602 km
from Bordeaux: 399 km
from Strasbourg: 414 km
Germigny-Des-Pres is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Germigny-Des-Pres from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 8 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Chateauneuf-sur-Loire, Guilly, Neuvy-en-Sullias, Saint-Aignan-Des-Gues, Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire, Saint-Martin-d'Abbat, Sigloy and Tigy.
This page in French: Visiter Germigny-Des-Pres