Etain tourism and travel guide
Visit Etain: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Etain is situated in the Meuse department and Lorraine region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 60 kilometres from Bar-le-Duc, the department capital (general information: Etain is 243 kilometres from Paris).
Etain, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Etain in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
Map of places to visit near Etain
Markets in and near Etain
- Piennes: market Thursday (15km)
- Jarny: market Saturday (19km)
- Verdun: market Friday (19km)
- Homecourt: market Sunday all day (25km)
- Joeuf: market Friday (26km)
- Longuyon: market Friday (27km)
- Moyeuvre-Grande: market Wednesday (30km)
- Knutange: market Wednesday (32km)
- Hayange: market Thursday & Saturday (32km)
- Clouange: market Tuesday & Friday (33km)
More information about Etain, Lorraine
Tourist attractions near Etain, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Etain.
- Longwy ville neuve (Vauban fortifications) (36km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Lorraine (46km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Metz (38km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Rombas (34km)
- Beaulieu-en-Argonne (46km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique d'Amnéville (37km)
Geography and distances
New region: Grand-Est
Distance to Etain
from Bar-le-Duc (prefecture): 60 km
from Paris: 243 km
from Calais: 332 km
from Nice: 625 km
from Bordeaux: 676 km
from Strasbourg: 169 km
For driving distances to Etain from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Boinville-en-Woevre, Buzy-Darmont, Foameix-Ornel, Fromezey, Gincrey, Grimaucourt-en-Woevre, Gussainville, Hermeville-en-Woevre, Lanheres, Morgemoulin, Rouvres-en-Woevre and Warcq.
This page in French: Visiter Etain