Domfront tourism and travel guide
Visit Domfront: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The castle forms an excellent backdrop to the cobbled streets in the old town of Domfront
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Domfront. For detailed visitor information see the Domfront travel guide.
Domfront is situated in the Orne department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 57 kilometres from Alencon, the department capital (general information: Domfront is 222 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Domfront include "recommended detour".
Domfront, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Domfront in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Orne
Map of places to visit near Domfront
Markets in and near Domfront
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (17km)
- Flers: market Wednesday & Saturday (18km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (21km)
- Gorron: market Wednesday (24km)
- Briouze: market Monday (24km)
- Sourdeval: market Tuesday (25km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market Thursday (30km)
- Mayenne: market Saturday & Monday (32km)
- Vire: market Friday (32km)
- Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouet: market Wednesday (32km)
More information about Domfront, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Domfront, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Domfront.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (50km)
- Carrouges Chateau (36km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Normandie-Maine (33km)
- Jardins de la Pellerine (43km)
- Parc et jardin de Clivoy (44km)
- Parc floral de Haute-Bretagne (49km)
- Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (61km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Rochers des Parcs (38km)
- Forêt de Saint-Sever (38km)
- Source - Couesnon (44km)
- Forêt de Fougères (44km)
- Mont du Haut-Fourché (50km)
- Étang de Châtillon-en-Vendelais (56km)
Towns of Art and history
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Villedieu-les-Poeles (50km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Fraimbault (12km)
- Saint-Loup-du-Gast (23km)
- Juvigne (49km)
- Domjean (52km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Domfront
from Alencon (prefecture): 57 km
from Paris: 222 km
from Calais: 318 km
from Nice: 816 km
from Bordeaux: 418 km
from Strasbourg: 617 km
Domfront is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-channel ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Domfront from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than 6 kilometres from Domfront): Avrilly, La Baroche-sous-Luce, La Haute-Chapelle, Luce, Rouelle, Saint-Bomer-les-Forges, Saint-Brice, Saint-Gilles-Des-Marais and Torchamp.
This page in French: Visiter Domfront