Cherbourg tourism and travel guide
Visit Cherbourg: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The port town of Cherbourg has several monuments and museums of interest and a visit is recommended
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Cherbourg. For detailed visitor information see the Cherbourg travel guide.
Cherbourg is situated in the Manche department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 69 kilometres from Saint-Lo, the department capital (general information: Cherbourg is 301 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Cherbourg include "ville fleurie 4*".
Popular places to visit nearby include Lessay abbey at 46 km. For more places to visit and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Cherbourg, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Cherbourg in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Manche
Map of places to visit near Cherbourg
Markets in and near Cherbourg
Market days in Cherbourg: weekly market: Tuesday & Thursday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday;
- Cherbourg: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday (0km)
- Saint-Pierre-Eglise: market Wednesday (16km)
- Valognes: market Friday (17km)
- Bricquebec: market Monday (18km)
- Les Pieux: market Friday (19km)
- Quettehou: market Tuesday (23km)
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue: market Saturday (25km)
- Barneville-Carteret: market Thursday - seasonal market only (30km)
- Barneville-Carteret: market Saturday (30km)
- Sainte-Mere-Eglise: market Thursday (33km)
More information about Cherbourg, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Cherbourg, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Cherbourg.
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue tours (Vauban fortifications) (26km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Barfleur (26km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Marais du Cotentin et du Bessin (43km)
- Parc du château des Ravalet (3km)
- Château de Beaurepaire (5km)
- Parc du château de Nacqueville (10km)
- Jardin botanique du château de Vauville (16km)
- Jardin Jacques Prévert (23km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cap de la Hague (22km)
- Nez de Jobourg (24km)
- Baie des Veys (45km)
Towns of Art and history
- Valognes (17km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Cherbourg
from Saint-Lo (prefecture): 69 km
from Paris: 301 km
from Calais: 287 km
from Nice: 945 km
from Bordeaux: 539 km
from Strasbourg: 691 km
Cherbourg is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car, often from the ferries at Saint-Malo, Cherbourg or Caen on the coast here which are very convenient. For driving distances to Cherbourg from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Cherbourg