Aix-les-Bains tourism and travel guide
Visit Aix-les-Bains: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Aix-les-Bains is one of the best preserved 'belle-epoque' spa towns in France
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Aix-les-Bains. For detailed visitor information see the Aix-les-Bains travel guide.
Aix-les-Bains is situated in the Savoie department and Rhone-Alpes region (now part of the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region), in the east of France at 13 kilometres from Chambery, the department capital (general information: Aix-les-Bains is 443 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Aix-les-Bains include "ville fleurie 4*".
Aix-les-Bains, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Aix-les-Bains in Auvergne Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Savoie
Map of places to visit near Aix-les-Bains
Markets in and near Aix-les-Bains
Market days in Aix-les-Bains: weekly market: Wednesday & Saturday all day;
- Aix-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (0km)
- Albens: market Friday (11km)
- Chambery: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (14km)
- Novalaise: market Wednesday & Sunday (15km)
- Lescheraines: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (15km)
- Challes-les-Eaux: market Tuesday & Friday (18km)
- Le Chatelard: market Friday - seasonal market only (18km)
- Belley: market Saturday (19km)
- Rumilly: market Thursday (19km)
- Culoz: market Wednesday (20km)
More information about Aix-les-Bains, Rhone-Alpes
Tourist attractions near Aix-les-Bains, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Aix-les-Bains.
- Aquarium du Lac du Bourget (2km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- La Roche-sur-Foron (52km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Massif des Bauges (17km)
- Chartreuse (35km)
- Les jardins du Prieuré (6km)
- Parc du château du Touvet (37km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Chambery (14km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Mont Granier (25km)
- Gorges du Fier (25km)
- Lac d'Annecy (28km)
- Roc de Chere (29km)
- Mont Veyrier (32km)
- Col de la Colombière (55km)
Amusement park / theme park
- Walibi Rhone Alpes (28km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Nances (14km)
- Morestel (34km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Aix-les-Bains
from Chambery (prefecture): 13 km
from Paris: 443 km
from Calais: 657 km
from Nice: 246 km
from Bordeaux: 516 km
from Strasbourg: 351 km
For driving distances to Aix-les-Bains from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bourdeau, Brison-Saint-Innocent, Drumettaz-Clarafond, Epersy, Gresy-sur-Aix, Le Bourget-du-Lac, Mery, Montcel, Mouxy, Pugny-Chatenod, Tresserve, Trevignin and Viviers-du-Lac.
This page in French: Visiter Aix-les-Bains