I let this recipe through although it isn't French, except it is made best with real French bread, because the children like it - and we live in France. Coconut bread is not necessarily an example of great French cookery, but even the French know that kids deserve a treat sometimes!
1 or 2 loaves French bread
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 bag coconut
- Cut bread into large pieces.
- Place in bowl and allow to harden slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and coconut.
- Dip the bread into the milk mixture.
- Pierce with long handled forks or toasting forks.
- Grill over hot coals until toasted brown.
- Cool and eat.