Like many home grown fruit and vegetables, tomatoes tend to arrive in large quantities all at once. The question then is what to do with them. This soup can be made quickly and easily and frozen, or even better eaten every day for a fortnight.
Ingredients / recipe
8 ripe fresh tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
100g of grated parmesan
1 celery stick
- Peel and de-seed the tomatoes. Well, peel them at least if you can't be bothered to de-seed them (put them in boiling hot water for a moment to make peeling easy).
- Cut the onions into rings, and fry gently in the olive oil with the celery, also cut thinly
- When they are soft and a little golden, add the tomatoes, thyme, bayleaf and finely chopped garlic
- Simmer very gently for 10 minutes then add water and salt and pepper
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes
- Serve with the parmesan for people to sprinkle on top