OK, I know, pizza is an Italian tradition but we are allowed to drift slightly aren't we? In truth pizzas are very similar all over the world (except for 'new-fangled' thick crust pizzas etc. Anyway the use of goat's cheese and anchovies give this pizza at least a hint of France...
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
2 large red onions, sliced
4 plum tomatoes, skinned and seeded
1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black peppercorn
1 (13-inch) uncooked pizza base / dough crust
4 ounces goats cheese, crumbled
1 can anchovy filets
- Sauté garlic and onion in oil until onion is transparent and set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into chunks and combine with olives, parsley, basil and peppercorn.
- Top dough crust with onions, tomato mixture, and goats cheese.
- Drain the anchovies (reserving oil) and add to pizza. Drizzle with anchovy oil.
- Bake in preheated 500 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.