Genuine French Dressing
See below the 'basic' french dressing recipe to find some more interesting variations
3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
1/8 tablespoon salt
Dash of pepper
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients together, and
- Mix well with a wire whisk and serve immediately. An alternative way to mix dressing is in a jar with a sealed top - simply add all the ingredients and shake vigorously for 30 seconds
Basic French Dressing
1/2 cup oil (vegetable or olive)
1/2 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Combine ingredients in jar.
- Cover and shake vigorously.
- Chill to blend flavours, and shake again before serving
Basil French Dressing
Add 1 tablespoon crushed basil leaves and 1 clove chopped garlic to the Basic French Dressing.
Honey French Dressing
Add 3 tablespoons honey to the Basic French Dressing - can be served with fresh fruit salads.