Visit Yport (Normandy, France)
The village is one of the smaller resorts in the region and contains a mix of small fishing houses and larger 19th century properties built at the time that Yport started to become an established seaside resort.
The beach at Yport is a well-maintained pebble beach, with a row of traditional beach huts and backed by various shops and cafes, and is of course the centre of interest for most visitors.
Exploring elsewhere in the village, highlights to be discovered include the Church of Saint Martin and the 'stations of the cross'.The Mairie is also in a nice half-timbered building called the 'Villa les Roses'. Yport tourist office has a leaflet explaining the various highlights and a suggested route to follow while exploring.
You will also find local facilities such as shops, restaurants and a post office and also a casino.
Historical note: a novel by the renowned 19th century French author Guy de Maupassant and called 'Une Vie' is set in Yport.
The village is surrounded on both sides by the dramatic sea-facing cliff scenery that is typical of this section of coast, and there is much of scenic interest along the coast in both directions with cliff walks being among the most popular activities.
The resort at Etretat is only a few kilometres along the coast to the south-west of Yport and has some of the most attractive coastal cliff scenery in Normandy.
Photos taken within 10 km
Address: Yport, Fécamp, Havre, Seine-Maritime, Normandy, 76111 || GPS: latitude 49.7386, longitude 0.3139
Map of Yport & places nearby
Highlights close by
Suggested tourist attractions to visit near Yport, France
- Cote d'Alabatre - site of natural beauty (5km)
- Fecamp - town of art and history (5km)
- Falaises d'Etretat - site of natural beauty (8km)
- Jardin d'art et d'essais - remarkable garden (21km)
- Autretot - ville fleurie 4* (31km)
- Le Havre - town of art and history (32km)
- Saint-Valery-en-Caux - ville fleurie 4* (32km)
- Notre-Dame-de-Gravenchon - ville fleurie 4* (33km)
- Parc de Galleville - remarkable garden (34km)
- Honfleur - recommended detour (36km)
The French version of this page is at Yport (Francais)