Torsac, Poitou-Charentes: tourism & sightseeing
Visit Torsac (Poitou-Charentes, France)
Torsac is a quiet village situated about 10 kilometres to the south of Angouleme, in the Charente department in the gentle rural landscape of Poitou-Charentes.
Although a small village, Torsac contains several buildings of historical interest.
The first of these is the Church of Saint-Aignant, built in the 12th century (modified in the 16th century) and with an unusual octagonal belltower. Inside the church you can see some decorative capital stones, a 15th century fresco showing Christ surrounded by the evangelists, and a wooden statue of the Virgin.
The second major monument you will see in Torsac is the castle. Much altered over the years, the original medieval castle was substantially modified in the 17th century (and the 'medieval' appearance to the top of the round towers was added in the 19th century).
Finally, the presbytery in the village next to the church is an attractive house with terraced gardens, and there is a traditional washhouse in Torsac.
A visitor to the francethisway site kindly sent us some photos of Torsac:
Map of Torsac and places to visit
Visit near Torsac with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Charente
Address: Torsac, Villebois-Lavalette, Angoulême, Charente, Poitou-Charentes, 16410, France || GPS: latitude 45.5639, longitude 0.215556
Plan your visit to Torsac, Poitou-Charentes
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Eglise de Saint Vincent (Puymoyen): religious monument (6km)
- Logis de Forge: remarkable garden (7km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Voulgezac): religious monument (10km)
- Eglise de Saint Jean-Baptiste (La Couronne): religious monument (10km)
- Cathédrale Saint Pierre (Angouleme): religious monument (11km)
- Eglise de Saint Michel (Saint-Michel): religious monument (12km)
- Angouleme: town of art and history (13km)
- Eglise de Saint Estèphe (Roullet-Saint-Estephe): religious monument (13km)
- Eglise de Saint Cybard (Roullet-Saint-Estephe): religious monument (13km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Trois-Palis): religious monument (15km)
- Grotte de Montgaudier: site of natural beauty (23km)
- La Rochefoucauld: village d'etape (24km)
The French version of this page is at Torsac (Francais)