Sainte-Colombe-en-Bruilhois, Aquitaine: tourism & sightseeing
Visit Sainte-Colombe-en-Bruilhois (Aquitaine, France)
The village of Sainte-Colombe-en-Bruilhois is on a hill in the countryside just a few kilometres south-west of Agen.
The village is small and easy to explore - the village has a historic centre which still retains some of its original defence walls and includes a church and a ring of houses.
The church spire is its most unusual feature: it is an octagonal spire on a square tower, and the spire is built entirely of stone (no tiles). We have seen a good number of churches with roofs made of lauze (slabs of stone used as tiles) but I don't remember ever seeing a church with a spire carved out of blocks of stone! On the entrance to the church you can see some traditional stone carvings.
From various places in the village there are views across the countryside of the Lot-et-Garonne department: if you leave the village in any direction you will see them! You will also notice several small traditional buildings such as pigeonnieres.
From next to the main entrance to the village you can also follow the Chemin de Ronde around the outside of the ramparts, another way to enjoy the surrounding scenery.
Agen is a busy regional town, although not usually thought of as a tourist attraction. Most visitors will prefer to explore the historic town of Nérac to the west. There are a multitude of small traditional villages you will come across as you explore the countryside - we suggest you include the fortified mill at Barbaste and the fortified village a Larressingle in your trip.
Map of Sainte-Colombe-en-Bruilhois and places to visit
Visit near Sainte-Colombe-en-Bruilhois with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Lot-et-Garonne
Address: Sainte-Colombe-en-Bruilhois, Laplume, Agen, Lot-et-Garonne, Aquitaine, 47310, France || GPS: latitude 44.178611, longitude 0.516389
Plan your visit to Sainte-Colombe-en-Bruilhois, Aquitaine
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Walibi Aquitaine: theme park (5km)
- Eglise de Sainte Marie (Aubiac): religious monument (5km)
- Prieuré de Sainte Marie (Moirax): religious monument (9km)
- Agen cathédrale St Caprais (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (9km)
- Eglise de Saint Martin (Layrac): religious monument (13km)
- Nerac: secteur sauvegarde (15km)
- Grottes de Fontirou: site of natural beauty (20km)
- Jardin et arboretum de Coursiana: remarkable garden (22km)
- La Romieu Collegiale St Pierre (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (22km)
- Ets Latour-Marliac: remarkable garden (22km)
The French version of this page is at Sainte-Colombe-en-Bruilhois (Francais)