Visit Plouezoch (Brittany, France)
Plouezoch (correct spelling Plouezoc'h) is a small town in the Finistere department to the north of Brittany, and a few kilometres to the north of Morlaix.
Exploring Plouezoch and region
The town itself has an interesting church - the Church of Saint Etienne - dating from the 17th century and with an attractive interior. There are various other notable manor houses dotted around the town, and interestingly a few large crosses, each with their own history.
See the local tourist office for a guided walk around the town, to ensure you see all the highlights, and details of other marked walks in the vicinity. These include nice views of the small islands just along the coast here - L'Ile Sterec and L'Ile Noire among them.
In addition to visiting the town itself, there are a couple of more important reasons why people visit Plouezoch:
1) The Chateau de Taurea, on an island just off the coast - originally built to stop the English plundering the town, then later reinforced by military engineer Vauban, the chateau completely covers the rock it stands on.
2) The Cairn de Barnenez. This is a very important prehistoric monument, and at 6500 years old is said to be one of the very first 'buildings' in Europe to use durable construction techniques and materials.
It is an extensive structure with 11 dolmens and 70 metres long, and the entire structure is listed as a national French monument.
Photos taken within 10 km
Address: Plouezoc'h, Lanmeur, Morlaix, Finistere, Brittany, 29252 || GPS: latitude 48.6408, longitude -3.82083
Map of Plouezoch & places nearby
Highlights close by
Suggested tourist attractions to visit near Plouezoch, France
- Cairn de Barnenez - national monument
- Jardin exotique - remarkable garden (15km)
- Plougonven - enclos-paroissial (15km)
- Saint Thégonnec - enclos-paroissial (16km)
- Jardin Delasselle - remarkable garden (18km)
- Guimiliau - enclos-paroissial (21km)
- Plouneour-Ménez - enclos-paroissial (22km)
- Lampaul-Guimiliau - enclos-paroissial (23km)
- Bodilis - enclos-paroissial (25km)
- Commana - enclos-paroissial (27km)
The French version of this page is at Plouezoch (Francais)