Visit Loubressac (Midi-Pyrenees, France)
Loubressac is 15km north-east of Gramat, towards the northern border of the Lot department and is classified as one of the 'most beautiful villages of France'. It is a very pretty village set on a rocky outcrop surrounded by woods and open fields.
Loubressac is one of those rare villages that are still able to evoke another time and place, and should not be missed if you are in the region. It is a magical village to explore and enjoy, and although small the trip is highly recommended.
The village itself has a nice chateau (not open to the public) and a 12th century fortified church (modified in the 16th century) in the village centre, and many lovely medieval buildings made of the local white-honey coloured stone, with fine rooves in old tiles and decorative balconies, facing onto the narrow streets and the central square.
Another highlight of the village is the fantastic views in almost all directions, across the valleys of the Dordogne, the Cere and the Bave rivers, and to various distant chateaux. It is best to visit on a clear day if possible.
In addition to being a 'most beautiful village', Loubressac is also classified as a 'village fleuri' (village in bloom) for its colourful floral displays.
A visit to the caves at Padirac (gouffres de Padirac) is also an experience not to be missed and the world renowned pilgrimage destination of Rocamadour is only a little further from Loubressac.
Photos of Loubressac
Click any picture to start the gallery
Tourist classifications for Loubressac
Loubressac is classified as a one of the most beautiful village in France (plus beau villages)
Address: Loubressac, Saint-Céré, Figeac, Lot, Midi-Pyrenees, 46130 || GPS: latitude 44.872, longitude 1.8055
Map of Loubressac & places nearby
Highlights close by
Suggested tourist attractions to visit near Loubressac, France
- Autoire - most beautiful village (2km)
- Castelnau-Bretenoux Chateau - national monument (3km)
- Chateau Montal - national monument (5km)
- Gouffre de Padirac - site of natural beauty (5km)
- Carennac - most beautiful village (8km)
- Eglise de Saint Pierre (Carennac) - religious monument (8km)
- Curemonte - most beautiful village (15km)
- Rocamadour - grand site of france (17km)
- Rocamadour basilique Saint-Sauveur (monuments on French pilgrim routes) - heritage site (17km)
- Le rocher des aigles (eagles) - zoo or wildlife park (17km)
The French version of this page is at Loubressac (Francais)