Le Don du Fel
Discover Le Don du Fel
Le Don du Fel is is a striking pottery and gallery near to the village of Le Fel and about 11km from Entraygues Sur Truyere. It is set in the beautiful countryside of the Aveyron.
Your visit to Le Don du Fel
As you approach the building the first thing you notice is the striking copper cylinders that rise up from the surrounding countryside and have been designed to look like a cluster of pots fresh from the potters wheel.
The building itself was selected by the World Architectural Forum as one of its 50 most beautiful cultural projects in the World in 2008, and stands in dramatic and beautiful contrast to the surounding landscapes.
Inside, the team creates the wonderful 'Poterie du Don' kitchenware products in its distinctive salt-glazed stoneware. Started by Suzy Atkins this kitchenware is popular with restaurants and homes throughout France and elsewhere in the world.
Suzy Atkins now has an international reputation in contemporary ceramics and whilst her team concentrate on the Poterie du Don products she concentrates on her own designer range. These have been exhibited throughout the world and gained various prizes.
The Gallery du Don is also an exhibition centre. There are six different exhibitions each year and each summer the Festival Europeen de Sculpture takes place here and attracts visitors from throughout Europe. Recent exhibitors included Claire Curneen, Emmanuel Peccatte, Peter Beard and Christiane Wilhelm.
We can highly recommend a visit!
Le Don du Fel is open every day 10.00 - 18.00 (13.30 April to September) except weekends when it is closed for lunch from April to September and closed all morning during the rest of the year.
Photos of Le Don du Fel
Click any picture to start the gallery
Address: Entraygues-sur-Truyère, Rodez, Aveyron, Midi-Pyrenees, 12140 || GPS: latitude 44.654167, longitude 2.506111
Map of the region
Highlights close by
Suggested tourist attractions to visit near Le Don du Fel, France
- Conques abbatiale Sainte-Foy (monuments on French pilgrim routes) - heritage site (11km)
- Conques - most beautiful village (11km)
- Conques pont sur le Dourdou (monuments on French pilgrim routes) - heritage site (11km)
- Estaing - most beautiful village (17km)
- Estaing pont sur le Lot (monuments on French pilgrim routes) - heritage site (17km)
- Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier - remarkable garden (24km)
- Espalion Pont Vieux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) - heritage site (25km)
- Saint-Come-d'Olt - most beautiful village (29km)
- Belcastel - most beautiful village (33km)
- St Chely d'Aubrac pont des pèlerins (monuments on French pilgrim routes) - heritage site (34km)
Market days in Le Don du Fel: Regular market(s) are held in Le Don du Fel each Friday &. A seasonal market is held in Le Don du Fel on Tuesday & Wednesday. (Markets are held in the morning unless stated.)