Visit Flayosc (Provence, France)
Flayosc stands on a small hill surrounded by vineyards, oak forests and olive trees roughly halfway between the scenic splendours of the Gorges du Verdon and the popular Cote d'Azur - hence well placed to explore the region, while avoiding some of the congestion of these popular regions. The viillage itself is situated between Draguignan and Lorgues (each round seven km distant).
It is a pretty medieval village and less touristic than many in the region.
The historical centre of this typical Provencal town has narrow streets opening onto small squares, sometimes with decorative fountains or unusual architectural feature to catch your eye, that make Flayosc a very pleasant place place to visit at as you explore the region.
Visit the 11th century church, its belltower featuring an attractive wrought iron campanile. from where the views across the vineyards are very attractive and stretch as far as the massif de l'esterel far to the south.
There are also several fountains that you will come across as you explore Flayosc...
Exploring the region around Flayosc
In the Cotes de Provence wine region, and north into the Upper Var, there is a cluster of villages and towns to explore in the near vicinity including Entrecasteaux, Lorgues and Tourtour, Aups etc. This part of provence is les visited than some and preserves an authentic provençal atmosphere.
Of course, most visitors to the region will also take trip to the north to see the Gorges du Verdon, and east for a day or two on the beaches of the French Riviera.
Photos kindly contributed by Valerie Willis
Photos of Flayosc
Click any picture to start the gallery
Address: Flayosc, Draguignan, Var, Provence, 83780 || GPS: latitude 43.535, longitude 6.3975
Map of Flayosc & places nearby
Highlights close by
Suggested tourist attractions to visit near Flayosc, France
- Tourtour - most beautiful village (10km)
- Abbaye du Thoronet (Le Thoronet) - religious monument (12km)
- Thoronet Abbey - national monument (14km)
- Gorges du Verdon - grand site of france (23km)
- Seillans - most beautiful village (23km)
- Parc zoologique de Fréjus - zoo or wildlife park (28km)
- Cathédrale Saint Léonce (Frejus) - religious monument (30km)
- Frejus - town of art and history (30km)
- Frejus Cathedral cloisters - national monument (30km)
- Verdon - regional natural parc (30km)
The French version of this page is at Flayosc (Francais)