Visit Benodet (Brittany, France)
Benodet is at the mouth of the river Odet on the Finistere coastline, 10 miles from both Quimper and Concarneau.
It is one of the most popular port towns / resorts in the region - and has been for the last 100 years - and has a family friendly sandy beach as well as plenty of rocky coves and quieter beaches to explore nearby (eg Kermoor, Beg Meil and Mousterlin).
As well as exploring the town you can admire the pleasure boats in the pretty harbour and there is plenty to enjoy in the surrounding countryside. As you would expect, there are also plenty of creperies and seafood restaurants to enjoy.
Although Benodet is largely given over to tourism and there are lots of 'second homes' in the town, it remains a good destination for enjoying the beaches and scenery of this part of Brittany.
There is little in the way of major sites in Benodet, but the town is pleasant to explore and there are a couple of churches to visit (Church of Clohars-Fouesnant and the Chapel of Sainte-Brigitte de Perguet)
Be sure to explore out to the lighthouse - ascend the tower for the best views of the coast around Benodet, and of the offshore islands.
A popular trip from Benodet is the boat trip to visit the Glenan Islands, although the boat trip up the River Odet is perhaps even more unmissable - it is very attractive along the inland river-banks.
Photos taken within 10 km
Address: Bénodet, Fouesnant, Quimper, Finistere, Brittany, 29950 || GPS: latitude 47.87, longitude -4.11
Map of Benodet & places nearby
Highlights close by
Pont l'Abbe 8km
Ile Glenan 19km
Suggested tourist attractions to visit near Benodet, France
- Parc botanique de Cornouaille - remarkable garden (4km)
- Marais de Mousterlin - site of natural beauty (7km)
- Quimper - town of art and history (14km)
- Jardin du prieuré de Locmaria - remarkable garden (14km)
- Jardin du château de Lanniron - remarkable garden (14km)
- Concarneau - town of art and history (15km)
- Archipel des Glénan - site of natural beauty (19km)
- Locronan - most beautiful village (26km)
- Parc du château de Trévarez - remarkable garden (39km)
- Menez-Hom - site of natural beauty (40km)
Market days in Benodet: Regular market(s) are held in Benodet each Monday. (Markets are held in the morning unless stated.)
The French version of this page is at Benodet (Francais)