Visit Aubres (Rhone-Alpes, France)
Aubres is a village stretched out along the crest of a hill in the Drome department (Rhone-Alps), close to Nyons and north-east of Vaison-la-Romaine.
Although small Aubres is well worth exploring, both for the medieval buildings in the village and for the views across the surrounding countryside.
Among the narrow roads and alleys of the village you will discover vaulted passageways and cobbled pathways, ancient archways and numerous buildings of interest and beauty.
As well as exploring the streets of the village you will also see the village church, dating from the 14th century, and the remains of the castle around which Aubres originally developed (now converted into a restaurant).
Below the historic part of Aubres there is also a newer part to the village.
Aubres is well situated to explore the Drome region, with its famous lavender fields and attractive scenery to the north or popular villages such as Vaison-la-Romaine and scenic highlights including the Dentelles de Montmirail to the south.
Note: photos of Aubres kindly shared with france this way by Mike Roy.
Photos of Aubres
Click any picture to start the gallery
Address: Aubres, Nyons, Drome, Rhone-Alpes, 26110 || GPS: latitude 44.3775, longitude 5.168611
Map of Aubres & places nearby
Highlights close by
Provencal Drome 18km
Suggested tourist attractions to visit near Aubres, France
- Nyons - recommended detour (3km)
- Vaison-la-Romaine - town of art and history (17km)
- Cathédrale Notre Dame de Nazareth (Vaison-la-Romaine) - religious monument (17km)
- Seguret - most beautiful village (22km)
- Dentelles de Montmirail - site of natural beauty (24km)
- Mont Ventoux - grand site of france (24km)
- Abbaye d'Aiguebelle (Montjoyer) - religious monument (27km)
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame (Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux) - religious monument (32km)
- Eglise de Saint Michel (La Garde-Adhemar) - religious monument (33km)
- Jardin des herbes - remarkable garden (33km)
The French version of this page is at Aubres (Francais)