Uxelles travel guide
Visit Uxelles: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Baume-les-Messieurs at 16 km from Uxelles
Location: Uxelles is situated in the Jura department (Franche-Comte region) in the east of France at 20 km from Lons-le-Saunier, the department capital. (General information: Uxelles is 359 km from Paris and 563 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Uxelles: these include Baume-les-Messieurs at 16 km and Lons-le-Saunier at 20 km. Baume-les-Messieurs is a listed most beautiful village at 16 km and Chateau-Chalon is a listed most beautiful village at 21 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Uxelles, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Uxelles
See France This Way travel guides for and Franche-Comte (the local department and region) for more travel ideas in the area of Uxelles.
Note that all distances from Uxelles shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Uxelles holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Uxelles
- Clairvaux-les-Lacs: market every Wednesday (5km)
- Champagnole: market every Saturday (18km)
- Morez: market every Saturday all day (20km)
- Lons-le-Saunier: market every Thursday all day (20km)
- Saint-Claude: market every Saturday (25km)
- Bletterans: market every Tuesday (31km)
- Arbois: market every Friday (33km)
- Gex: market every Saturday (36km)
- Divonne-les-Bains: market every Sunday & Friday (38km)
- Saint-Amour: market every Saturday (39km)
- Oyonnax: market every Thursday & Saturday & Monday (39km)
- Ferney-Voltaire: market every Saturday (46km)
- Levier: market every Wednesday (46km)
- Douvaine: market every Sunday (51km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Uxelles and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Uxelles map below.
National Monument Voltaire Chateau (46km)
Recommended Detour Salins-les-Bains (38km)
Regional Natural Parc Haut-Jura (22km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin des jeux du château d'Arlay (26km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Lac de Lamoura (27km); Col de la Faucille (31km)
Map of places to visit near Uxelles & Location Information
Distance to Uxelles
from Lons-le-Saunier (local prefecture): 20 km
from Paris: 359 km
from Calais: 563 km
from Nice: 343 km
from Bordeaux: 532 km
from Strasbourg: 265 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 16 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Uxelles): Boissia, Bonlieu, Charcier, Charezier, Chevrotaine, Clairvaux-les-Lacs, Cogna, Denezieres, Doucier, Hautecour, La Frasnee, Menetrux-en-Joux, Saint-Maurice-Crillat, Saugeot, Songeson and Vertamboz.
For driving distances to Uxelles from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Uxelles