Trassanel travel guide
Visit Trassanel: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Caunes-Minervois at 8 km from Trassanel
Location: Trassanel is situated in the Aude department (Languedoc-Roussillon region) in the south of France at 16 km from Carcassonne, the department capital. (General information: Trassanel is 613 km from Paris and 847 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Trassanel: these include Caunes-Minervois at 8 km and Carcassonne at 16 km. Gouffre de Cabrespine is a listed site of natural beauty at 2 km and Carcassonne is a listed secteur sauvegarde at 16 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Trassanel, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Trassanel
La Pomarede 40km
Note that all distances from Trassanel shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Trassanel holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Trassanel
- Carcassonne: market every Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (16km)
- Mazamet: market every Tuesday & Sunday & Saturday (17km)
- Labastide-Rouairoux: market every Thursday (22km)
- Olonzac: market every Tuesday (25km)
- Labruguiere: market every Friday (26km)
- Bram: market every Wednesday (28km)
- Lezignan-Corbieres: market every Wednesday (31km)
- Saint-Pons-de-Thomieres: market every Wednesday & Sunday (31km)
- Castres: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (34km)
- Limoux: market every Friday all day (37km)
- Revel: market every Saturday (37km)
- Castelnaudary: market every Monday all day (39km)
- Puylaurens: market every Wednesday (43km)
- Saint-Paul-Cap-de-Joux: market every Tuesday (50km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Trassanel and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Trassanel map below.
Grand Site Of France Carcassonne City (17km)
Heritage Site Carcassonne (16km)
Regional Natural Parc Haut-Languedoc (31km)
Religious Monument Abbaye de Fontfroide (Narbonne) (44km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin de l'Évêché (33km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Carcassonne (16km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Gouffre de Cabrespine (2km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Fraisse-sur-Agout (41km)
Map of places to visit near Trassanel & Location Information
Distance to Trassanel
from Carcassonne (local prefecture): 16 km
from Paris: 613 km
from Calais: 847 km
from Nice: 392 km
from Bordeaux: 292 km
from Strasbourg: 712 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Trassanel): Cabrespine, Fournes-Cabardes, Labastide-Esparbairenque, Lastours, Les Ilhes, Limousis, Roquefere, Salleles-Cabardes and Villeneuve-Minervois.
For driving distances to Trassanel from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Trassanel