Tournon-Saint-Pierre travel guide
Visit Tournon-Saint-Pierre: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Angles-sur-l'Anglin at 7 km from Tournon-Saint-Pierre
Location: Tournon-Saint-Pierre is situated in the Indre-et-Loire department (Loire Valley region) in the eastern-center of France at 76 km from Tours, the department capital. (General information: Tournon-Saint-Pierre is 258 km from Paris and 473 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Tournon-Saint-Pierre: these include Angles-sur-l'Anglin at 7 km and Chauvigny at 30 km. Angles-sur-l'Anglin is a listed most beautiful village at 7 km and Abbaye de Saint Savin sur Gartempe (Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe) is a listed religious monument at 20 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Tournon-Saint-Pierre, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Tournon-Saint-Pierre
Note that all distances from Tournon-Saint-Pierre shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Tournon-Saint-Pierre holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Tournon-Saint-Pierre
- La Roche-Posay: market every Tuesday & Friday (12km)
- Preuilly-sur-Claise: market every Thursday & Saturday (13km)
- Le Blanc: market every Saturday (14km)
- Saint-Savin: market every Friday (20km)
- Mezieres-en-Brenne: market every Thursday (22km)
- Le Grand-Pressigny: market every Thursday (23km)
- Chatillon-sur-Indre: market every Friday (32km)
- Chatellerault: market every Wednesday & Thursday all day & Saturday (32km)
- Descartes: market every Sunday (33km)
- Montmorillon: market every Wednesday (35km)
- Ligueil: market every Monday (35km)
- Palluau-sur-Indre: market every Sunday (36km)
- Naintre: market every Sunday (36km)
- Saint-Gaultier: market every Friday (38km)
- Buzancais: market every Friday (40km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tournon-Saint-Pierre and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Tournon-Saint-Pierre map below.
Heritage Site Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe Abbey (39km)
Recommended Detour Chauvigny (30km)
Regional Natural Parc Brenne (22km)
Religious Monument Abbaye de Saint Savin sur Gartempe (Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe) (20km); Eglise de Saint Pierre (Chauvigny) (30km); Eglise de Notre-Dame (Montmorillon) (35km); Eglise de Saint Gervais et Saint Protais (Civaux) (39km)
Remarkable Garden Touffou (31km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Etangs de la Brenne (22km)
Town Of Art And History Montmorillon (35km)
Map of places to visit near Tournon-Saint-Pierre & Location Information
Region: Loire Valley
Distance to Tournon-Saint-Pierre
from Tours (local prefecture): 76 km
from Paris: 258 km
from Calais: 473 km
from Nice: 598 km
from Bordeaux: 242 km
from Strasbourg: 549 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Indre-et-Loire is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-channel ports such as Caen and Le Havre (about 3-4 hours drive from here) or fly into Paris and drive south from there. For driving distances to Tournon-Saint-Pierre from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Tournon-Saint-Pierre