Tournissan travel guide
Visit Tournissan: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Lagrasse at 4 km from Tournissan
Location: Tournissan is situated in the Aude department (Languedoc-Roussillon region) in the south of France at 29 km from Carcassonne, the department capital. (General information: Tournissan is 643 km from Paris and 877 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Tournissan: these include Lagrasse at 4 km and Fontfroide Abbey at 20 km. Lagrasse is a listed most beautiful village at 4 km and Abbaye de Fontfroide (Narbonne) is a listed religious monument at 18 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Tournissan, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Tournissan
Fontfroide Abbey 20km
Fort de Salses 34km
Note that all distances from Tournissan shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Tournissan holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Tournissan
- Lezignan-Corbieres: market every Wednesday (15km)
- Olonzac: market every Tuesday (23km)
- Sigean: market every Tuesday & Friday (26km)
- Carcassonne: market every Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (29km)
- Narbonne: market every Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Monday - seasonal market only - (30km)
- Narbonne: market every Sunday (30km)
- Port-la-Nouvelle: market every Saturday - seasonal market only - (31km)
- Port-la-Nouvelle: market every Wednesday (31km)
- Gruissan: market every every day except Thursday (35km)
- Leucate: market every Saturday & Monday & Wednesday & Thursday - seasonal market only - (35km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tournissan and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Tournissan map below.
Grand Site Of France Carcassonne City (28km)
Heritage Site Carcassonne (29km)
National Monument Enserune (45km)
Recommended Detour Limoux (36km)
Religious Monument Abbaye de Fontfroide (Narbonne) (18km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Gorges de Galamus (31km); Gouffre de Cabrespine (35km)
Town Of Art And History Narbonne (30km)
Zoo Or Wildlife Park African reserve of Sigean (24km)
Map of places to visit near Tournissan & Location Information
Distance to Tournissan
from Carcassonne (local prefecture): 29 km
from Paris: 643 km
from Calais: 877 km
from Nice: 378 km
from Bordeaux: 325 km
from Strasbourg: 727 km
* distances are direct not by road!
For driving distances to Tournissan from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Tournissan