Tocqueville travel guide
Visit Tocqueville: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Barfleur at 5 km from Tocqueville
Location: Tocqueville is situated in the Manche department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 64 km from Saint-Lo, the department capital. (General information: Tocqueville is 282 km from Paris and 267 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Tocqueville: these include Barfleur at 5 km and Cherbourg at 21 km. Barfleur is a listed most beautiful village at 5 km and Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue tours (Vauban fortifications) is a listed heritage site at 10 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Tocqueville, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Tocqueville
Note that all distances from Tocqueville shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Tocqueville holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Tocqueville
- Saint-Pierre-Eglise: market every Wednesday (5km)
- Quettehou: market every Tuesday (9km)
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue: market every Saturday (10km)
- Valognes: market every Friday (20km)
- Cherbourg: market every Tuesday & Thursday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday (21km)
- Sainte-Mere-Eglise: market every Thursday (29km)
- Bricquebec: market every Monday (31km)
- Grandcamp-Maisy: market every Sunday (38km)
- Les Pieux: market every Friday (39km)
- Isigny-sur-Mer: market every Wednesday & Saturday (43km)
- Barneville-Carteret: market every Thursday - seasonal market only - (44km)
- Barneville-Carteret: market every Saturday (44km)
- Portbail: market every Tuesday (46km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tocqueville and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Tocqueville map below.
Heritage Site Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue tours (Vauban fortifications) (10km)
Most Beautiful Village Barfleur (5km)
Remarkable Garden Parc du château des Ravalet (18km); Château de Beaurepaire (25km); Parc du château de Nacqueville (29km); Jardin botanique du château de Vauville (37km)
Town Of Art And History Valognes (20km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Cherbourg (21km)
Map of places to visit near Tocqueville & Location Information
Distance to Tocqueville
from Saint-Lo (local prefecture): 64 km
from Paris: 282 km
from Calais: 267 km
from Nice: 932 km
from Bordeaux: 540 km
from Strasbourg: 671 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 19 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Tocqueville): Anneville-en-Saire, Barfleur, Brillevast, Canteloup, Clitourps, Cosqueville, Gatteville-le-Phare, Gouberville, La Pernelle, Le Vast, Le Vicel, Montfarville, Neville-sur-Mer, Rethoville, Reville, Saint-Pierre-Eglise, Sainte-Genevieve, Valcanville and Varouville.
Manche is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car, often from the ferries at Saint-Malo, Cherbourg or Caen on the coast here which are very convenient. For driving distances to Tocqueville from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Tocqueville